Massachusetts Institute of Technology was established in 1861, and since then, it has been one of the most competitive Institutes, with an acceptance of just 4.8% for the class of 2027.
It comprises five schools: the School of Engineering, the School of Science, the School of Management, the School of Art, Humanities and Social Sciences, and the School of Architecture and Planning.
Here, we are going to explore the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Popular Programmes 2024 to provide you with a heads-up on selecting a suitable career path.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology academic programs
In the QS World University Rankings, Massachusetts Institute of Technology is ranked in 1st position as it is delivering the finest education in multiple growing fields.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers 56 major academic programs and 58 minor academic programs that comprise the undergraduate level.
MIT also offers various academic programs at the graduate level, such as Political Science, Physical Science, Engineering, Linguistics, Philosophy and Urban Studies.
Let’s take a deep dive into these vast Massachusetts Institute of Technology academic programs that are categorized based on different qualification criteria.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Popular Programmes 2024
Among the various courses offered by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in vast fields, some popular programmes of 2024 are mentioned below:
- PhD in Biological Engineering
- Post Graduation in Artificial Intelligence and Decision Making
- PhD in Aeronautics and Aeronautics Fields
- Masters in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Graduation in engineering
- PhD in Nuclear Science and Engineering
- Masters in Data, Economics and Development Policies
These above programs are related to the career fields that are currently in high demand around the world & due to the high academic curriculum of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, students are competing largely to enroll in them to join the class of 2027.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Master’s programs
Massachusetts Institute of Technology is among the top world-renowned universities that provide higher learning with the latest academic advancements in the world. The acceptance rate for Masters programs at Massachusetts Institute of Technology is 6% for 2024.
It offers Masters programs in multiple fields such as Engineering, Management, science, art and technology. Some of the Popular Master’s program of the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology includes-
- Master of Science in Biological Engineering
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Science Engineering
- Master of Material Science and Engineering
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Finance
- Master of Business Administration
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Special programs
Massachusetts Institute of Technology also offers different types of special programs across the majority of the fields. The motive of providing the special programs is to give the students hands-on experiences with methodologies that respective industries use on a practical level.
The eligibility of Special programs varies from program to program. Some of the most popular Massachusetts Institute of Technology special programs of 2024 are mentioned below:
- MIT Summer Research Program
- MIT Venture Monitoring Service
- MIT Media lab
- MIT Public Center Service
- MIT International Science and Technology Initiative
These MIT special programs are designed for a short duration of 10 to 16 weeks. The aim of these programs is to involve the students in the practical sides of a particular field.
The focus of these special programs is to make the Students get enrolled in Volunteer work and internships at the end of the programs.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Online Certificate programs
Massachusetts Institute of Technology first started the MIT OpenCourseWare initiative back in 2002 with the motive of providing efficiently designed education resources to students around the world.
From 2012 to 2014, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology launched a platform called MITx that provides online programs and courses that are taught by MIT faculty members.
In 2014, MIT went one step further to curate courses that are specifically designed for Industry professionals to help them excel in their respective fields.
The MITx courses are affiliated with MIT and are designed to be rigorous and engaging to help students learn diverse skills depending on their academic capabilities.
The MITx programs and certifications are equally valued in today’s job market as they provide skills and knowledge that are designed and taught by MIT faculties. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology Popular programmes in 2024 include,
- Introduction to Computer Science and Programming in Python
- Machine Learning with Python: Linear Models to Deep Learning
- Introduction to Data Science
- Mathematics for Machine Learning
- Blockchain and Bitcoin fundamentals
- Big Data and Cloud Computing
These courses and programs are available on MITx platforms and work on the Credit scores earned by each student during the course while completing lectures, assignments, and projects.
Based on the credit score a student earns at the end of the course, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology provides their affiliated certification.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology International Students requirements
To be admitted to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Popular programmes, there are various academic requirements one needs to fulfill as it is highly competitive due to its renowned curriculum.
There is no specific data on the number of enrollments that the Massachusetts Institute of Technology reserves in terms of domestic and international students.
In recent years, it is noticeable that MIT has accepted over 40% of applications for International students. These 40% of applications comprise both ongoing and upcoming classes.
The Academic Requirements that each International Student needs to fulfill along with the application submission in MIt programs are:
- Academic excellence means a strong academic record to meet MIt academic standards, along with an average GPA score of 4.17.
- Students need to meet Proficiency standards in the English language by submitting IELTS, TOEFL or Duolingo English Test.
- SAT or ACT score submissions are mandatory for each first-year applicant. If these tests are missed due to Covid-19 restrictions, then MIT conducts an optional test.
- Two Letters of recommendation are required from teachers and mentors to speak about a student’s character and academic potential.
- MIT also requires a statement of purpose that comprises individual experiences and unique qualities that communicate the interests of students in the university.
- Extra documentation is needed for students applying for financial aid. MIT provides various financial aid, including full scholarships, to students with academic excellence without discriminating based on their Nationalities.
In addition to the above academic requirements, there are some other documents that International students need to submit, such as Passport or visa applications and health insurance documentation.
Massachusetts institute of technology fees for international students
Massachusetts Institute of Technology does not discriminate between domestic and international students. In fact, in order to provide their programs to excellent minds, MIT is committed to providing additional help for international students.
Hence, The fee structure at MIT is the same for both domestic and international students. The yearly fees bifurcation of MIT are:
- Tuition Fees of 57590 dollars
- Student Life fees of 396 dollars
- Housing fees of 11980 dollars
- Books and Supplies fees of 1000 dollars
- Meals of 6810 dollars
- Miscellaneous expenses of 4954 dollars
Apart from the above mandatory fees of 82730 dollars, the International Students need to fulfill some additional fees that include application fees of 75 dollars along with visa fees and health insurance fees.
Financial Aid and Scholarships for International Students
The average financial Aid that MIt provides to their students in each academic year is around 59000 dollars. If you are an international student, make sure to check out MIT’s financial Aid program and apply for it along with the selected enrollment program.
MIT also offers need-based scholarships that include full scholarships, grants and loans depending on the academic criteria, country of origin, and financial needs of individual students.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology majorly ends its admission application submission in the fall and spring semesters. Hence, it is an ideal time to figure out the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Popular Programmes 2024 that one wants to enroll in and prepare themselves for submitting their application.
What is the fees for MIT for international students?
The fees of attendance for all students( both domestic and International students) in MIT is estimated at 82730 dollars for 2024.
How much is the MIT application fee for Indian students?
International students from all countries, including India, need to pay some additional fees like application fees of 75 dollars, among others, such as visa and health insurance fees.
What is the highest package offered by MIT students?
In recent years, the highest package offered to an MIT student was $200,000 from a leading Tech Company in the United States. The student pursued a Master of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence program from MIT.
Does MIT give full scholarships to international students?
MIT offers various financial aid to international students like grants, loans, and need-based scholarships(including full scholarships) that have an estimate of around 59000 dollars.